The real estate stats look good for Ventana Ranch in October 2012.
Ventana Ranch Real Estate Stats
- Total home sales were up somewhat
- The average home sales price increased slightly
- Average price per square foot stat decreased somewhat
- The average time homes were on the market was down significantly
Real Estate Stats: Total Home Sales
- There were 26 home sales in Ventana Ranch during October. That’s up from last year by about 10%.
Average Sales Price
- The average sales price was $172,612, up from $169,670 last October, but well off the peak in 2008.
Average Price Per Square Foot
- The average price per square foot was back down to $89, down considerably from last year
Average Market Time
- Homes were selling faster this October than they were last year. The average market time was 66 days which is well off the peak of 85 days that we saw in 2008.
I keep waiting for that breakthrough month when it becomes apparent that the market has started to improve drastically. Instead, what I keep getting is glimpses of an improved market that comes and goes from month to month.
I think it will be awhile until we see the real estate stats improve substantially. I believe we will continue to see OK but less than spectacular numbers until the short sales and foreclosures are gone and the economy improves.
Thanks for reading my Ventana Ranch real estate stats for September 2012. Please check back in about a week to see what’s happening with short sales and foreclosure homes in Ventana.
To read Albuquerque Market Stats for other neighborhoods, please click here.
These statistics were compiled from the Greater Albuquerque Association of REALTORS®data on 11/15/2012. This data is reflective of homes which were listed on the Albuquerque MLS; private sales are not included.
If you appreciate the time and effort it takes me to publish this monthly report, won’t you please consider hitting the Facebook “Like” button? I would appreciate it!